Sunday, July 18, 2010

Animoto

This week, we had the option of trying out some different online tools that could help in the classroom. The one I chose to play with is Animoto, which was very easy to use. Inserting the images was pretty quick, and I was able to figure out how to manipulate them and add text easily.

When the video was being created, I wasn't required to wait for it -- an email would be sent when it was finished. I waited for it anyhow, impatient though I am to see these things when they're finished, like the kid at the zoo that stands and stares the full three minutes at the wax animal machines.

The video was fantastic -- until I reached the end and realized that since the system has a thirty-second-ish time limit unless you pay for a longer video, that it sometimes cuts off the end. It allowed for twelves images or text boxes, but only actually used the first ten. This means that the video ends a bit awkwardly, and does not show the 'final product'.

With some tweaking, it could be fixed, and luckily there is an edit function that allows for this (which I'll attempt later), but for now, here's where I'm at:

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.



I could certainly see this as a viable tool that could be used, even in its thirty second form, both in the classroom, and for projects that I might do in the library.

Okay, my anal retentiveness strikes again... here's the redone version...'

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.



Don't suppose it's obvious who my favorite ancient Greek is...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Jenn! This looks really great in your blog, too. I think this is something students could really have fun with. If you think you would use this in a class, look into getting an all-access education pass from Animoto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, just when do you emerge from your fantasy world? The Animoto is wonderful, quick, the way our students like it and interesting. We could have fun with this as a preview tool in the classroom, like TV does with next week's preview. Chris C.

    ReplyDelete